Jul 28, 2015

South Korea says MERS threat is over

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korea said Tuesday it is now virtually free of the deadly MERS virus that killed 36 people and sickened nearly 200 since an outbreak was declared in May. Prime Minister Hwang Kyo-ahn in a government meeting urged people to return to normal as the country hasn't seen a new MERS case in more than three weeks. More than 16,000 people had been isolated at hospitals and...

Proceed to the page: http://linkis.com/iCbMu

Similar Articles Added Earlier

  • South Korea Says MERS Threat Is Over - ABC News

    South Korea said Tuesday it is now virtually free of the deadly MERS virus that killed 36 people and sickened nearly 200 since an outbreak was declared in May. Prime Minister Hwang Kyo-ahn in a government meeting urged people to return to normal as the country hasn't seen a new MERS case in...

  • Spreading fear: MERS in South Korea 2015-06-11 | Espresso

    Seoul’s normally thronged streets are half empty of people and traffic. South Koreans are alarmed: Middle East respiratory syndrome has spread further and faster than anywhere except Saudi Arabia, its presumed source. Yesterday the death toll rose to seven and the number of people ill with MERS...

  • South Korea Confirms 3 Cases of Mideast Respiratory Virus - ABC News

    South Korea said Thursday it has confirmed three cases of a respiratory virus that has mostly been centered in Saudi Arabia. A 76-year-old man was diagnosed Thursday with contracting Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, according to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The...

  • South Korea MERS death toll rises to 16; Saudi Arabia reports 5 cases - Worldnews.com

    Seoul, South Korea (CNN)Five new cases of Middle East Respiratory Syndrome have been confirmed in South Korea and another person has died from the virus, the country's Ministry of Health said Monday. That brings 16 deaths attributed to the virus and 150 total cases. The outbreak has sparked...

  • South Korean PM Says MERS Threat Is Over - ABC News

    South Korean Prime Minister Hwang Kyo-ahn says the country is now virtually free of the deadly MERS virus that killed 36 people and sickened nearly 200 since an outbreak was declared in May. Hwang in a meeting with policymakers on Tuesday urged people to return to normal as the country...

Similar Articles Added Today

Most Recent bigstory.ap.org Articles

Latest Links Processed

0/120